Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mandy's Introduction

Hello classmates, I'm Mandy something you may not know is a I am an artist. I have been in a couple of shows one of the most prestigious shows I was in was the governors show top 300 and my piece titled red was displayed in Rhodes Tower in Columbus; the show featured the best art work from all over Ohio and out of some 10,000 pieces entered they pick the top 300 to display. My piece that was in the governors show was also bought by the state of Ohio and is now displayed in the governors office. I have been in a few small shows like the Madlab art gallery and in Kitamu coffee shop. Currently I have three pieces of work at the Columbus Museum of Art. At the end of the year I am going to display at least 25 pieces at OSU Newark. Other than art and school which takes up most of my time, I have two cats which I adore named, Bapsy and Reese. I do like to knit on occasion, I mostly make scarfs.
My favorite Quote from Ordinary Resurrections in chapter two "The World According to Pineapple" is "There's a great deal of this automatic and insightful kindness in the hearts of many of these children who have been acquainted with unusual degrees of loss and sorrow by the time they're eight or nine years old" (Kozol 27). This quote speaks to the ability of kids in this neighborhood to be able to comfort each other and since how each other is feeling without words. It also talks about the fact that these kids have experienced more sadness and sorrow in the first few years of life than most people experience in an entire lifetime. This shows the strength and perseverance of these kids at such a young age.


4 comments:

  1. That is very good that your painting was picked in the top 300 in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice painting you have there. Not to brag or anything but I'm pretty amazing at painting myself. I don't like to show off my amazing skills so I don't paint anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your painting. It somewhat resembles abstract art. I wish I had a nice hobby like that. Making good guac may make me the life of the party, but won't get me no money..haha! That quote makes me feel very sad too. It reflects that although in age, they may be younger, in experience and pain they have endured so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you most be a good artist... I like that painting.

    ReplyDelete