Thursday, November 17, 2011

Help!

The whole short film was full of interesting photography; however, the image in particular that stood out to me was the housing development that surrounded a small forest. This image show the direct affect of development. Why can't we make accommodations for the forest and help the forest? Instead the forest has to make room for us and we demand that it step aside so we can have more. When is it enough? When are the mansions and shopping centers big enough? Why cant we just use old houses or tare the old rotting houses down for new ones?
Environment is something very near and dear to me, ever since I was a kid. When I was a kid I would go on nature walks and fishing with my dad and family. My dad always tells me about big businesses making waste and dumping it in the nature or how the businesses have no regard for the nature what so ever. I keep on going back to global warming as well i keep on researching it, and the problem only gets worse. Wouldn't it be sad if future generations had no idea what a polar bear was or if they had never seen trees. We need to persevere the nature we have left. It seams there is no end in sight for this sad problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment